• 300ml Milk
• 150ml Whipping cream
• 150g Milk chocolate/ 100g Dark chocolate
• ½ Vanilla pod
• 1 Strip of Orange rind (optional)
• If you prefer not to use cream, please just substitute it with milk.
- Into a small sauce pan, add your milk and whipping cream, in with the one orange zest peel and the vanilla and place over a gentle heat to infuse.
- Whist the milk mix is heating, chop the chocolate into smaller pieces.
- When the milk mix is heated to just before boiling - add in the chocolate and stir using a wooded spoon to melt in and mix well.
- When the chocolate is melted evenly, strain the mix and serve in 2 large mugs.
Check out our website for more information and services we offer
- The Pastry King
- The Pastry king was started in 2009 when I wanted to showcase my skills, & a personal résumé portfolio. The credit crunch really resulted in founding a business, The Pastry King, the name became about, because of circumstances during the time. It was when deciding on this very blogging handle; did I think of one particular pastry chef, the person I most admired & wanted to learn from. To me, he is a Pastry King – so it was from there it came really. The Pastry King grew, people showed they wanted a bespoke service even in a credit crunch. The early days I made chocolates, & cakes. I involved myself in consultancy roles and training jobs. I helped businesses developed recipes and so much more. At one time I was developing my range of chocolate spreads, & award winning truffle selection, packaged to be shelf ready for retailers to sell from their store shelves. Several years back I decided to close up shop, really due to a job vacancy I took post of. One, which I could not & therefore did not refuse. Over the past few years, I have really enjoyed to still be doing what I love doing, & since become a father to one lovely little boy. I consider myself to be very lucky.