1 large carrot, peeled
• Use a sharp peeler to make very thin carrot ribbons.
• Place the carrot ribbons on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or grease proof paper.
• Dry the carrot ribbons at a very low temperature (±100°C) until crisp, about 3 to 4 hours.
• Leave some of the carrot ribbons whole for garnish. Place the rest in a coffee/spice grinder and grind to a powder
Check out our website for more information and services we offer
- The Pastry King
- The Pastry king was started in 2009 when I wanted to showcase my skills, & a personal résumé portfolio. The credit crunch really resulted in founding a business, The Pastry King, the name became about, because of circumstances during the time. It was when deciding on this very blogging handle; did I think of one particular pastry chef, the person I most admired & wanted to learn from. To me, he is a Pastry King – so it was from there it came really. The Pastry King grew, people showed they wanted a bespoke service even in a credit crunch. The early days I made chocolates, & cakes. I involved myself in consultancy roles and training jobs. I helped businesses developed recipes and so much more. At one time I was developing my range of chocolate spreads, & award winning truffle selection, packaged to be shelf ready for retailers to sell from their store shelves. Several years back I decided to close up shop, really due to a job vacancy I took post of. One, which I could not & therefore did not refuse. Over the past few years, I have really enjoyed to still be doing what I love doing, & since become a father to one lovely little boy. I consider myself to be very lucky.