Wednesday 11 May 2011

Savoury Cheese and Biltong Muffins

I absolutely love cheese muffins. This recipe includes a little biltong powder to emphasise the South African in me, but you don’t have to put it in if you are having a vegetarian moment.


EQUIPMENT:

1 muffin trays
1 cupcake cases, large

MAKES 12


Ingreadients:

400g self-raising flour
1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
20g biltong powder/or tiny diced cubes (Biltong is a traditional dry meat)
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
125g grated cheddar
60g grated gruyere
140g feta
100g butter, cubed
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 egg
500ml buttermilk
½ cup milk


Method:

Preheat the oven to 180̊C.


  • Mix together the flour, biltong powder, seasoning, cheeses and spring onions.

  • Stir in the milks and the egg until just combined.

  • Place the cupcake cases in the muffin tray and fill with the mixture to the top.

  • Bake for 25 minutes until golden, take out of the oven and allow to cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About Me

My photo
The Pastry king was started in 2009 when I wanted to showcase my skills, & a personal résumé portfolio. The credit crunch really resulted in founding a business, The Pastry King, the name became about, because of circumstances during the time. It was when deciding on this very blogging handle; did I think of one particular pastry chef, the person I most admired & wanted to learn from. To me, he is a Pastry King – so it was from there it came really. The Pastry King grew, people showed they wanted a bespoke service even in a credit crunch. The early days I made chocolates, & cakes. I involved myself in consultancy roles and training jobs. I helped businesses developed recipes and so much more. At one time I was developing my range of chocolate spreads, & award winning truffle selection, packaged to be shelf ready for retailers to sell from their store shelves. Several years back I decided to close up shop, really due to a job vacancy I took post of. One, which I could not & therefore did not refuse. Over the past few years, I have really enjoyed to still be doing what I love doing, & since become a father to one lovely little boy. I consider myself to be very lucky.