Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Pastry King & Hospitality Action

It's that time of year again where Brett Pistorius attempts to raise some more much needed funds for a worthy and incredibly essential charity.

Hospitality Action is the hospitality industry benevolent organisation, helping past & present workers of all ages who are in crisis, such as the bereaved, the ill & the disabled. 
Hospitality Action offers financial aid & information, and also supports a youth guidance scheme educating on alcohol and drugs misuse.

This time last year Brett was spotted delivering and transporting goods across Cheshire and Greater Manchester in a big pink baby outfit, completed with a bib and frilly hat and even a pink frilly skirt. This year however Brett's decided to go a more modest route...

Surprising as it was to us, The Bupa Great Manchester Run caught Brett's attention this year-no one knows why, or how?!?...but he's doing it this coming Sunday!! He's not got that much training in, so it's going to be a hard slog :)

The Bupa Great Manchester Run is staged over a course of 10km, which has been officially measured and certified.  The 2012 start line is on Portland Street near the junction with Oxford Street while the finish line is on Deansgate. 

There is an Aqua-Pura water station on the course just before the 5km marker, just past Old Trafford. Other facilities for runners in 2012 include the “run-through" shower just before the end of Trafford Wharf Road at around the 6.5km point. 

In addition, there will be several Bands on the Run positions throughout the course to ensure runners received that all-important musical boost at regular intervals.
 
As a keen supporter of Hospitality Action, Brett would like you to know ''I would like to highlight how important the work of the charity is in offering vital assistance to all who work, or have worked within hospitality in the UK''and find themselves in crisis.

Please help Brett hit his target to raise £250.00 for the charity, help him finish the run by digging deep and visiting http://www.justgiving.com/Brett-Pistorius to donate 

or you can also donate by phone by texting  BRET82 £10 to 70070 to sponsor him today. Thank-you :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

About Me

My photo
The Pastry king was started in 2009 when I wanted to showcase my skills, & a personal résumé portfolio. The credit crunch really resulted in founding a business, The Pastry King, the name became about, because of circumstances during the time. It was when deciding on this very blogging handle; did I think of one particular pastry chef, the person I most admired & wanted to learn from. To me, he is a Pastry King – so it was from there it came really. The Pastry King grew, people showed they wanted a bespoke service even in a credit crunch. The early days I made chocolates, & cakes. I involved myself in consultancy roles and training jobs. I helped businesses developed recipes and so much more. At one time I was developing my range of chocolate spreads, & award winning truffle selection, packaged to be shelf ready for retailers to sell from their store shelves. Several years back I decided to close up shop, really due to a job vacancy I took post of. One, which I could not & therefore did not refuse. Over the past few years, I have really enjoyed to still be doing what I love doing, & since become a father to one lovely little boy. I consider myself to be very lucky.